February Forum Report 2/27/15

By Caroline Daniel, Online Editor

The February Forum was held for the first time in the library on Feb. 27. Because of this new venue, well over 100 students were in attendance, an increase in the number of students that have attended in the past when it was held in a classroom.

Topics to be discussed included Community Day, the extracurricular classes, and possible Homeroom Fair. The conversation was mostly focused on Community Day, which took place the day before on Feb. 26, and the impact that event had on the students and what could be improved for future years.

To start off the conversation, one student brought up that some activities, such as the note card activity, did not get the attention they should have. The discussion then turned to how to keep what students learned from Community Day to continue all year, help include underclassmen and prepare them for the event better, make it more impactful in future years, and to get the community more involved in the planning of the event.

The conversation then briefly switched to the new extracurricular classes being held on campus after school. Students raised concerns that they did not know when or where the classes were , and wanted to increase advertising for the classes through posters and Facebook messages. Teachers told students that the classes were informal and personalized to the students’ desires, so there should be no fear of joining in the classes now.