New Classes Offered at SDA

These are the new classes that will be offered at SDA next year, if you sign up for them!

Seminar: Cultural Studies

By Layla Gantus, Staff Writer

Seminar: Cultural Studies is a class where students get the chance to learn about the world today and how our interactions shape us as a country and as people. This class would have five different sections: Philosophy, Geology, Current Events, World Politics, and Mindfulness, according to teacher Kelly Hawkins, who will be teaching the class. They would be able to learn about the United States political...

Child Development

By Layla Gantus, Staff Writer

Child Development will take students through all the stages of the human development from pregnancy to the teen years. Corrao might end up teaching it. It will teach students to take care of and parent young children. Students will be exposed to different topics about child development and will be able to listen to a few guest speakers during the course of the semester, according to Corrao. These...

Intro to Teaching and Learning

By Layla Gantus, Staff Writer

Intro to T&L The class Intro to Teaching and Learning will be for those who have an interest in possibly becoming a teacher some time down the line. They will learn what teachers do as well as early theories of education and what is happening in the education world today, according to teacher Christine Corrao. It will discuss the American school system and compare it with the school systems of the...

Anatomy and Physiology

By Layla Gantus, Staff Writer

Anatomy and Physiology will focus on the human anatomy and how it works. This class, which will be targeted towards people who have already taken biology and have that basis, will be taught by new teacher Christina Moulton. Moulton says, it will also have a little bit of comparative biology such as comparing the lungs of spiders and humans and how each set works for each of the different species....