Teachers+and+staff+performed+a+rendition+of+the+dance+from+%E2%80%9CNapoleon+Dynamite%E2%80%9D+to+kick+off+the+assembly.+

Patrick Hall

Teachers and staff performed a rendition of the dance from “Napoleon Dynamite” to kick off the assembly.

Spring Assembly Gets Teachers Moving

April 28, 2017

Students crowded the gym after first period this morning for the Spring Assembly, where they were able to participate in audience activities and hear about upcoming events.

The assembly featured staff performing the famous dance from “Napoleon Dynamite,” as well as a video message from PALS that asked various students to define “love,” and the spring sports video.

Several new highlights included SDA students from the San Diego North Coast Singers performing the national anthem and a version of Carpool Karaoke hosted by senior Yoni Kruvi featuring Principal Bjorn Paige, Assistant Principal Jones, history teacher Kelly Hawkins, and Spanish teacher John West.

The spring assembly always includes a promposal, and this year a bachelor-themed video ended with senior Johnny Gordon giving Camilla Rishmawi the final rose.

To complete the assembly, math teacher Todd Vollstedt was awarded teacher of the year and registrar Bridget Sabin was recognized as one of six classified employees of the year by the California Department of Education.