Boys Volleyball vs El Camino

By Sonia Rathee, Staff Writer

The JV boys volleyball had their second victory of the season yesterday against El Camino High School. SDA lost one game 19-25 and won two games in the match with scores of 25-23 and 15-11.

Varsity also won: 25-23, 25-12 and 25-19.

The first JV game started off a little slowly for SDA because El Camino was scoring most of the points, but towards the middle, the SDA team picked up their pace and got close to winning. They were neck and neck with a score of 16-16 10 minutes into the game. However, El Camino had better team coordination, leaving the end score at 19-25.

During the second game, El Camino was again ahead of the game towards the beginning but the SDA team caught up soon with a score of 9-11. SDA won the game with the end score of 25-23. This game was a tough competition for both SDA and El Camino.

At the beginning of the third game, SDA was up by 5 points. During this round, El Camino started losing coordination and SDA won the game with the score of 15-11.

The coach and players agreed that the team needed to improve on rotations.

“I think the game was great, it was majestic. I think we could improve on rotations and hitting,” said JV coach Taylor Hoff.
“We were pretty tense at the beginning because we weren’t able to communicate well in the first game, but as the games went on we got better,” said sophomore Sahil Singh.

“I think we can definitely improve on rotations and talking because we have really bad coordination”, said sophomore Thomas Weinzierl.
The boys next home game is today against Rancho Bernardo at 3:30 p.m.