The Mustang

Leigh Houck

Leigh Houck, Business Manager

All content by Leigh Houck

Blood Drive

By Leigh Houck, Business Manager
November 18, 2015

The San Diego Blood Bank came to San Dieguito Academy Tuesday Nov. 17 to an impressive donor turnout. According to senior Courtney Walsh, ASB School Board Rep, the maximum number of signups to donate,...

Mental Health Homeroom

By Leigh Houck, Business Manager
September 8, 2015

With 600 incoming freshmen, new homerooms are popping up all over campus. In addition to these brand new homerooms, previously established groups are taking advantage of this opportunity to make some changes....

New Bill Proposed by Governor Jerry Brown

By Leigh Houck, Business Manager
January 16, 2015

Gov. Jerry Brown proposed a controversial new $113 billion spending plan for California last week. The new plan, if voted into effect, would increase spending on K-12 education, environmental concerns,...

WALK THE MOON- “Talking is Hard”      

WALK THE MOON- “Talking is Hard”      

By Leigh Houck, Staff Writer
December 18, 2014

Pop/indie rock band WALK THE MOON debuted their third album, “Talking is Hard”, on December 2, and introduced a new but welcome change in their sound. The album is a collection of positive vibe-emitting...

free time DONE

Free Time

By Leigh Houck, Business Manager
December 3, 2014

finale

Homeroom Olympics Finale: The Triwizard Tournament

By Leigh Houck and Kate Sequeira
June 4, 2014

“Go Ashley! He’s a Mudblood!” The friendly jests of competitive homerooms rang through the air on Wednesday at the Homeroom Olympics Finale: the Triwizard Tournament. Three tributes from each...

The Goblet of Fire

Final Homeroom Olympics Event Announced

By Leigh Houck and Kate Sequeira
May 28, 2014

Hogwarts, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons are facing off at a high school near you! That’s right, the Tri-Wizard Tournament is coming to SDA, and will be the final step in the spring saga of Homeroom Olympics. Three...

Locks of Love

Lots of Locks

By Leigh Houck, Staff Writer
March 31, 2014

“Snip Snip,” go the scissors, and the excited girl opens her eyes, lifts her head, and sweeps her newly shorn blond bob over her shoulder. She hops off the stage to the admiring cheers of the crowd...

Load More Stories