The Mustang

Vicky van der Wagt

Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor

I can probably relate.

All content by Vicky van der Wagt

Underclassmen Learn About the College Application Process

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
June 5, 2017

College Night, put on by National Honor Society, was held in the library on Tuesday. There was a panel of current seniors who each had a topic to talk about including the college admissions process and...

Students Donate Blood

Students Donate Blood

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
May 16, 2017

The second blood drive of the year took place inside the SDA gym today. Over 50 students successfully donated through the San Diego Blood Bank. For many, the idea of needles and/or blood immediately...

Seniors Leave Their Mark at SDA

Seniors Leave Their Mark at SDA

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
March 31, 2017

Seniors spent Tuesday and Friday this week decorating their senior tiles in the painting room during the mornings of CAASPP testing. According to senior director Oceana Haaland, the tiles are going...

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
March 2, 2017

After many years of waiting, it’s finally our turn to play Senior Out. My friend and I have been planning for Senior Out since sophomore year. So, as soon as we got our assignment cards we started networking...

Senior Out Preview

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
February 24, 2017

Some 260 seniors, the largest number in SDA history, have bought their Senior Out tickets, which begins March 2 and ends on March 10. “It’s the most students we’ve ever had participating,” said...

Boys Soccer SDA vs Torrey Pines

Boys Soccer SDA vs Torrey Pines

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
January 18, 2017

The long awaited boys soccer games against Torrey Pines took place yesterday on the stadium field. The varsity game began with the ball flying everywhere across both sides of the field. SDA took...

ASB Elections: Meet the Candidates

ASB Elections: Meet the Candidates

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
December 8, 2016

Boys Soccer SDA vs Del Norte

Boys Soccer SDA vs Del Norte

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
December 3, 2016

The highly anticipated boys first soccer game of the year took place on the SDA stadium field on Friday. Many students were there supporting and leading cheers throughout the course of the game, as well...

Today At SDA: Senior Java

Today At SDA: Senior Java

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
November 10, 2016

The second senior java of the year took place in front of the Learning Commons today during homeroom. Students enjoyed bagels with cream cheese and were able to submit their senior wishes.

Canned Food Drive Brings in More Cans Than Expected

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
November 1, 2016

Theater’s canned food drive was announced to homerooms last week and ended yesterday. Although not many homerooms participated, the canned food drive was still successful, said Thespians officer Savannah...

Boys Water Polo: SDA vs LCC

Boys Water Polo: SDA vs LCC

By Vicky van der Wagt and Brittany Serbin
October 5, 2016

What was considered the most important water polo game of the season so far brought in lots of enthusiastic fans from both SDA and LCC to Alga Norte yesterday. People of all ages were present, flaunting...

Small Fire Breaks Out on Campus

Small Fire Breaks Out on Campus

By Mary Ford and Vicky van der Wagt
September 14, 2016

A small fire broke out in room 33 at about seven this morning, said teacher Darlene Blanchard. Due to a lighting blowout before school started, classes were moved for the day while smoke in the room was...

iPhone 7 Setback?

iPhone 7 Setback?

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor
September 7, 2016

Earlier today, Apple unveiled the new iPhone 7 at an annual conference that took place in San Francisco. There are many improvements to the home button, the camera, and the battery, although there was...

Why do People Hate Minions?

Why do People Hate Minions?

By Sylvia Young and Vicky van der Wagt
June 2, 2016

After “Despicable Me” came out in 2010, Universal Studios took advantage of its success and began to market the capitalistic tic-tac-like minions. They were cute, simple, and had a huge fan base. Now,...

School Records Broken at Avocado East League Track and Field Finals

By Vicky van der Wagt, Arts Editor
May 16, 2016

San Dieguito Mustangs had a strong presence at Avocado East League Track and Field Finals, at Del Norte High School yesterday. Many school records were broken. The top performers will advance to CIF Prelims...

[Photo] Students Honor Day of Silence

By Hana Chen, Business Manager
April 20, 2016

Family Feud? This and More at the Winter Assembly

By Vicky van der Wagt and Lucas Oldham
January 16, 2016

As students entered the gym, they were excited to see what was planned, chattering among their friends about what to expect. One of the few assemblies throughout the year, SDA’s annual winter assembly...

Chopped

Chopped

By Vicky van der Wagt, Arts Editor
November 13, 2015

Science teacher Cathy Ramos’ homeroom took first place in the first Homeroom Olympics event of the year, Chopped, and was awarded 500 points. Homeroom of drama teachers Stephanie Siers and Michelle Trester...

Cross Country Bronco Round-Up

Cross Country Bronco Round-Up

By Vicky van der Wagt and Sarah LaVake
September 16, 2015

The SDA Girls Varsity cross country team finished 5th out of 10 schools and SDA Boys Varsity cross country team finished 4th out of 11 schools on Saturday at the Bronco Round Up Invitational meet at Kit...

Signing Stress

Signing Stress

By Brittany Serbin and Vicky van der Wagt
June 10, 2015

It’s that time of year again. On Thursday, yearbooks were passed out in front of the gym after school by members of the yearbook class. Along with the distribution comes the inevitable beginning of yearbook...

The Academy Awards

The Academy Awards

As the 2015 Oscar Awards Show drew closer, 41 SDA students were asked to choose their favorite in five categories: Best Picture, Actor, Actress, Original Song, and Animated Feature Film. SDA’s students...

Load More Stories