SDA Artists Display Work at PAW Dance Studio

October 11, 2016

Dark lighting, great music and vibrant art – that was the atmosphere of Friday’s art show at PAW dance studio in Encinitas. The show featured art from SDA students juniors Maddie Sadoff and Ale Adame, seniors Jill Butler and Trevor Anderberg, and sophomore Ruby Fox.

The show was organized by Friendly Fire Entertainment, a group of students who plan events with the intention to bring art and music to the culture of Encinitas and North County. The show promoted young people’s art while creating a form of distraction for teenagers as an outlet for their creativity and as a way to witness other teens’ art, which makes this type of event more and more popular among teenagers.

The event promoted local artists and musicians. Junior Sam Goldsmith gave insight on their intentions and ideas for the future. “I think it’s important to give the next generation of artists a platform to display their work; this prepares them for the future if they pursue art and gives them a space to share it with others,” Goldsmith said.

art-show-3
Piece done by Adame. Taina Millsap

As inspiration for her piece (right) Adame took advantage of her surroundings. “I made this one when I was at the Swami’s lookout watching the surfers,” she said. “I had my sketchbook with me and I had been working on trying to capture the different ocean textures at different states and that day it was very smooth so I focused more on the shapes that were forming.”

Adame also spoke about her art and influences. “Art is a way you individually feel and see the world, which is amazing because I haven’t found any other form of expression that lets you do that,” she said. “To me, it’s like the whole concept of being able to rewatch your dreams and show them to people but with the way you see the living world.”