SDA Cross Country Facebook

SDA athletes compete at Kit Carson Park this past weekend.

Cross Country Finishes Top Five in Bronco Invitational

September 13, 2017

San Dieguito Academy’s Cross Country team raced over 55 teams from around San Diego at Kit Carson Park in a two mile long course, including a hill that spans almost half a mile, at the Bronco Round Up Invitational this past weekend.

SDA’s girls varsity team finished 5th overall out of 12 teams in the Division 2 race, while the boys team finished 4th overall out of 14 teams.

Boys varsity competed against 111 runners, with Senior Connor Oldham finishing first for SDA in 16th place with a time of 10:45. Trailing less than ten seconds behind him was Junior Conner Edwards who placed 20th with a time of 10:52. Overall, the varsity boys team came in 4th with 119 points. Grossmont won the varsity race with 60 points.

Senior Sarah LaVake finished first for Girls Varsity in 9th place clocking 13:12. Close behind was Senior Taylor Lesley in 16th place with a time of 13:29. The Varsity girls team finished 5th overall out of 90 runners with a total of 126 points. El Capitan won this varsity race with 43 points.

Competing against 168 athletes, Sophomore Miles LaVake finished first for SDA boys junior varsity in 8th place with a time of 11:52. Junior Zane Schafer was next in 26th place in 12:22.The team finished 6th out of 11 schools in their race.

Girls Junior Varsity raced against 77 runners and placed 3rd as a team out of 6 teams. Junior Gracie Williams finished first for San Dieguito in 9th place in 15:06. Close behind by was Junior Ava Meyer who clocked 15:15.

With 143 athletes in their race, the boy’s freshman team finished 1st out of 13 schools. Noah Repine crossed the finish line first for SDA placing 6th place with a time of 11:48. Finishing next for the Mustangs was John Gerdes in 15th place in 12:14.

Girls freshman raced 86 runners, with Sonia Burns finishing first for SDA in 15th place finishing with a time of 15:13. Only three freshman raced in this race so they did not get an overall team score.

The Mustangs next meet is this Saturday (9/16) at Morley Field for the ASICS invite. For more information and times, visit Athletic.net.