The Official Student News Source of San Dieguito Academy.
Back to Article
Back to Article

Another Netflix Original For The Books

IMDb Studios

IMDb Studios

IMDb Studios

Another Netflix Original For The Books

January 18, 2018

Never have I seen such phenomenal character development. “The End of the F***ing World” left me on the edge of my seat after I binge-watched the entire show in one night for the second time. And I would do it again.

“The End of the F***ing World” is a British comedy series about a 17-year-old psychopath named James – a self-diagnosed psychopath, that is. Only he finds himself experiencing feelings after he runs away from home with a girl who he planned to kill. Together, they go on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure filled with unusual experiences, both good and bad (but mostly bad).

After its fall release, the Netflix Original received a lot of praise and great reviews. In fact, out of 30 Rotten Tomatoes’ critics who reviewed the show, only one had something bad to say about it.

Honestly, when I began watching the show I thought it was going to be too dark for me, but it pleasantly surprised me with its comedic vibe, great writing, and excellent soundtrack. In fact, I have the soundtrack saved on my phone and listen to it regularly. “The End of the F***ing World” introduced me to a myriad of great songs and I will definitely be back to watch season two when the show (hopefully) returns to Netflix.