Next Stop, Broadway

January 6, 2017

SDA’s theatre program and band students are getting creepy and kooky as they prepare to put on this year’s musical, “The Addams Family.” The show about this famously ghoulish family will be presented on at 7 p.m. Jan. 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, and 28 in the theater.

The show begins with Wednesday Addams ( senior Thea Farber) who brings her new, normal boyfriend and his family to visit her own not-so-normal family. Her father, Gomez Addams ( senior Yoni Kruvi) is forced to keep this a secret from his wife, Morticia Addams ( junior Jenna Steinberg), and so makes an effort to cover it up with a series of comedic cover-ups and lies.

“It’s been very new, definitely challenging at times but a ton of fun,” said senior Savannah Casey, student director of the musical. “It just blows my mind to see how far everyone in the show has come.”

“It’s a super fun and great show that pretty much anyone can enjoy. Everyone should support the theater!” said Kruvi.

Tickets will be $8 for students and $15 for adults and can be bought online at seatyourself.biz/sandieguito.