The popular petting zoo featured some alpacas, dogs, chickens, a goat, and other animals.

SDA gets Bizarre

December 7, 2018

A stray goat jumped over the petting zoo fence and bounced to a patch of grass in time to Scottish bagpipe music.

ASB candidates handed out candy and pastries to passerbys, displaying their “VOTE FOR [insert name here]” signs in preparation for next week’s student body elections.

Students milled between the abundant clothing and jewelry booths, pulling floral dresses and jean overalls off the rack to consult their fashion-inclined friends.

In the second leg of the bazaar at lunch, the Elements played a set while students enjoyed some new booths that had popped up including the passion fruit boba, and an impressive variety of vegan snacks like brownies and Cauliflower Bánh Mi sandwiches.

The bright yellow shirts from robotics team stood out in the mass of students as they showcased their frisbee throwing robot.    

This is San Dieguito Academy’s annual bazaar, held on Dec. 7 during homeroom and lunch. It was orchestrated by ASB and carried out by a variety of individualized booths, ranging from food to apparel to handmade crafts.

The bazaar was an opportunity for students to raise money for themselves or their clubs, exhibit their talents, and connect with the school as a whole.