Photo by Sydney Randolph

Students of all grades gathered in front of the Arts and Humanities quad to check out SDAs annual club fair.

How SDA’s creative culture is found in the club fair

October 4, 2019

From booth to booth, SDA shows the parts of the school that make it a whole. 

As homeroom at SDA begins, groups of students wander to the bustling courtyard of the new new building and descend into the SDA Club Fair. Tables, posters, books, and artwork are all on display, drawing your attention to each club and everything it has to offer. You can get a sense of the importance of clubs here as you walk amongst the students and watch SDA’s social and cultural environment in action. 

A common sentiment among students is a great love for the arts at SDA. In front of beautifully colorful paintings stood Marina Alberti, a senior and a prime example of our school’s art culture. She’s a proud member of SDA’s art club and has been apart of the club since she was just a freshman. “I really like how it is a time for people who really love art to hangout,” Said Alberti.

Over at the Ecology and Conservation booth stood Isabella DeArmond: junior, president, and founding member of the club. DeArmond was inspired by the lack of an existing club dedicated to conservation and the belief that if they had a way, students would jump at the opportunity to help save the planet.

“It’s open to anyone,” Armond said, and she encourages anyone interested to come by and give it a try.

“It’s a great way to spend time with friends outside of school,” said Keene Cheung, sophomore and active member of both Robotics and Mustang Minds. Cheung talked about the clubs positive educational and social environment,  where he is especially proud of his involvement in learning programming in robotics; a unique skill you may not pick up on anywhere else at school. On the whole, Cheung believed his clubs to be just a place where it’s easy to make friends and learn. “You learn a lot,” Said Cheung.

View Comments(1)
Photo of Milo Wright
Milo Wright, Staff Writer

Your supreme leader!

• C

CHRIS WRIGHTOct 7, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Great article! Great group of clubs! Great group of students!

Reply
1