Trisha%2C+themself.

Art by Sydney McIntyre

Trisha, themself.

Journey of Trisha Paytas

The journey of a controversial star.

October 6, 2021

Trisha Paytas is the world’s smartest internet star. They are a YouTube star and an amazing singer. They have had many ups and downs, but they are very successful and don’t get any hate at all.

If you couldn’t tell, I was being sarcastic about the compliments. Sorry, Trisha…

The one and only, Trisha Paytas was born in Riverside, California on May 8th 1988. Their parents later divorced when Paytas was three, probably because they just couldn’t stop arguing over how amazing their child was. Paytas then moved with their mother to Freeport, Illinois where they would stay for twelve years. They later moved back to California to live with their brother and father. After a few years they moved back to Illinois for high school. That’s a lot to handle for someone with their mental capability. To be honest, I’m surprised they even made it through high school.

After high school, they moved to Los Angeles to pursue their passion for acting. Maybe they would have succeeded If only they were good at it. They ended up doing modeling for financial support (probably because they sucked at acting). On January third, 2007 they started their first youtube channel to share their love for Quentin Tarantino (a famous director). That sounds a little obsessive to me but go for it I guess. It later turned into a beauty, fashion, and relationship advice channel. Personally, I would never take advice from Paytas, but if you want your relationship to fail just like their relationship with Jason Nash, then follow it for sure. Jason Nash and Paytas broke up because Paytas thought Nash was criticizing their weight and eating habits.

From 2008 to 2011 they started going on shows like “The Price is Right”, “Dr. Phil”, and “The Ellen Show”. From 2010 to 2012 they started showing up in music videos. Their music and you tube success started in 2013 and they are still successful to this day. Personally, I don’t understand how they are successful. I guess the world just loves stupidity. Starting in 2018, they have been doing podcasts and tours. The week of June thirteenth, 2021, they created seven out of the ten most disliked videos on you

tube. Yikes… Though, they still somehow managed to maintain eight million subscribers over four accounts.

Paytas has claimed to have many mental disorders that have been debunked, but the one they are the most adamant about having is borderline personality disorder. They also said that they previously struggled with substance abuse and claimed to be a transgender man in 2019 but didn’t change their pronouns until April 2021 when they said they are non-binary and wanted to use they/them pronouns exclusively. 

One of the many strange things Paytas made popular is called Mukbang. Mukbang is generally people of Korean descent eating very large portions of food in one sitting. Paytas made Mukbang gain popularity and they tend to eat mostly fast food. They even call themselves  “Queen of Mukbang”. They somehow managed to rack up over six million followers over their two mukbang accounts. 

Some may say that they love to beg for attention, so I would love to put in some of my favorite famous quotes that Trisha Paytas has said.

“I felt like a thick boy, and I kinda love being a thick boy.” -Trisha Paytas

“I don’t like to be center of attention, except when I want to be center of attention.” -Trisha Paytas

“I’m also not racist because I eat rice.” -Trisha Paytas

As you can see from the quotes above Trisha Paytas is one of the most controversial and strange internet stars ever. However, they are somehow successful.