16 Quarantine Alternatives
April 28, 2020
As everyone is stuck in isolation and missing their teenage normalcy, here are some alternatives to activities that we’ve been missing while stuck at home.
- If you like shopping, you can do it online. But make sure to sanitize your packages when they come in the mail.
- If you like going to the movies, try Netflix party and watch with your friends.
- If you like going to concerts, go in the closet and watch concert videos and sing along. It’s basically the same thing.
- If you miss having sleepovers with your friends. You can dress up your body pillow to look like your friend and tape a picture of their face on it. Quite romantic if I say so myself.
- If you like going to the beach and you don’t have a pool at your house, just fill up your bathtub with cold water and take a swim. Nice and refreshing.
- If you like going to the park and playing on a play structure, you can make a play structure out of cardboard boxes. Exciting and time consuming!
- If you love going to water parks, you can have a hose fight with your family or alone. Just as fun.
- If you miss going out to eat with your friends, you can both Door Dash food from the same retstaurant and FaceTime. You can eat a nice meal together.
- If you miss wearing cute clothes you can get dressed and have a fashion show for yourself or a self timer photoshoot.
- If you’re a into theater and miss performing shows, you can make up your own script and perform it for your family or friends.
- If you love working out at the gym, there are a lot of at home workout videos on Youtube you can watch. I am doing the Chloe Ting 2 week shred challenge right now. And no, I do not look like Kendall Jenner yet.
- If you’re a fellow thrifter, there are some online shops for second hand clothes (Thread up is good!) or you can use Depop. Again, make sure to sanitize before wearing.
- If you miss your favorite teacher, you can email them or set up a google hangout to have a nice catch up conversation with them.
- If you miss being at school, you can make a recreation of SDA in Minecraft.
- If you miss dancing, you can also learn some beautiful choreogrophy on TikTok and post videos. With some time and effort, you will become TikTok famous.
- And lastly, if you just want to watch some of the best artistic and comedic talent to ever be recorded, TikTok is perfect for you.
About the Writer