Exhibition Day Schedule 2014

By Natalie Finn, Staff Writer

Founded on the idea of individualism and community, Exhibition Day celebrates the talents present here at San Dieguito Academy. Students are given an opportunity to showcase their amazing talents, ranging from homemade accessories to culinary arts’ creations.  Exhibition Day has been rescheduled due to the recent wildfires in San Diego County, and moved to Friday, May 30, with a modified bell schedule. This will allow students to join in on the festivities, and experience all the wonderful amenities that Exhibition Day has to offer.

This year there will be exhibits such as the 4H petting zoo, chalk mandala, tarp surfing, a skate demo, jam sessions, student vendors, and plenty of food. Food vendors include Jamba Juice, Noodles and Company, Flipping Pizza, and Kojitas Jr. The vendors will also be accompanied by wide variety of student made goods.

There will also be live performances from Jason Matkin, AJ Lockz, Sacred Cow, Imported Effects and Friends, Fifth Season, Soul Juice, Jack Van Cleaf, and Strange in various venues around campus. Comedy Sportz will also be performing inside the theater.

“We have a variety of students who that have different interests, and they are able to showcase what they are able to do outside the classroom …Overall it’s just a really fun day where kids can enjoy being a student at SDA,” said Austin Kellior, ASB president.

Check out the full listing of events on our session by session maps here.