Exhibition Day Postponed

By Joseph Swit, Staff Writer

The wildfires that ravaged San Diego County last week and canceled two days of school throughout the San Dieguito Union High School District have caused several scheduling problems for San Dieguito Academy.  Exhibition day, which was previously scheduled for Wednesday, May 21, has been postponed.  Because the fires rescheduled AP Exams, Exhibition day would have conflicted with the World History, Macroeconomics, and Microeconomics tests, making it impossible for a significant portion of the student body to attend one of SDA’s most anticipated events.

According to ASB Director Rod Keillor, the school will reschedule Exhibition day to either May 29 or 30. Those two dates were proposed after canvassing the opinions of teachers, participants and clubs. “I sent out emails to all of the staff asking about their conflicts, and made a spreadsheet with their feedback,” said Keillor, who also texted exhibition day participants for their thoughts on the date change.

Although the new date is not yet official, Keillor indicated that Friday the 30th is the more likely date because the 29th could create a conflict with a band field trip as well as a Japanese program conference.  While there are likely to be individual challenges caused by the date shift, the administration was able to reschedule inflatable devices and food vendors they had organized to be on campus.

According to Keillor, the new date will be officially announced tomorrow.