Senior Out Preview

By Vicky van der Wagt, Sports Editor

Some 260 seniors, the largest number in SDA history, have bought their Senior Out tickets, which begins March 2 and ends on March 10. “It’s the most students we’ve ever had participating,” said ASB advisor Rod Keillor.

Senior out is basically a giant game of tag. The participants are each assigned the name of another participant on a card, who they need to tag. When they tag their designated senior, they grab the victim’s card and move on to tag the person on that card, and the cycle continues.

The senior with the most cards at the end gets two free Prom tickets.

“I always hope and pray that it goes well and that everybody is safe, and that they don’t take it too seriously or get into arguments,” said Keillor. “It’s a stressful time but it’s nice because you might be tagging out somebody that you never knew existed and you might get to know them a little bit better.”

The rules provided by ASB are stated below:

● No one can be within 5 feet of the person you are trying to tag.
● If you are tagged out – you will need to give that person your assignment card.
● No one can physically separate students from each other.
● You may not go into the restroom or locker-room of the opposite gender as yourself.
● Be safe!! No tackling or pushing when tagging – lightly touch them
● CAN NOT PLAY during class time (Periods 1-4), you are allowed to play during passing periods, lunch, and homeroom.
● If you and your assigned target both have a free 4th period – then you are allowed to play during the 4th period time frame.
● Hours of play 7 a.m. – 4p.m. No playing on the Weekends (Saturday or Sunday).
● Starting date March 2 – ending date March 10 at the senior java.
● Not allowed to use locator cards to find your assigned person
● Be fair – you will need to work out any disputes you have with your fellow classmates. Have fun! Don’t take it too seriously.