MiraCosta at SDA

By Rosaysela Alvarado, Staff Writer

MiraCosta College Representative Mia Montes is in her second year at MiraCosta. She said, “Professors really care about you and it’s a great community.”

Montes is available to talk to students every Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:10 a.m. to help students answer any possible questions on attending the new fall semester at MiraCosta College. She hopes to help SDA students by giving good amount of general information and knowledge to students.

In order to meet with Montes, seniors can sign up on a binder that is located in the counseling office. Montes is usually in the Media Center every Friday morning. Once a student is signed up, a pass will be sent out their first period class.

Montes has helped answer questions about the application process, financial aid, and plans after MiraCosta. The application process is a two-step process. Personal information like a student’s social security number is required as well as other basic information. It takes about 15 minutes when a student is set with their basic and personal information.

Students have also asked her about applying to MiraCosta as a backup school. She offers advice on being more in depth by applying to programs that MiraCosta offers.