Students Buy and Sell at the Bazaar

By Taina Millsap, Staff Writer

The Bazaar today was filled with art pieces, jewelry, and food being sold by students in addition to many that were campaigning for the upcoming SDA student elections. The atmosphere of the annual event showcased the SDA spirit as students and faculty roamed around the booths celebrating and supporting original work and ideas from students.

The day is saved for the display of original works by SDA and many students were surprised by the organization of the event. “I find it cool how SDA has a day for artists and other people to sell their stuff and display what they make, or what they believe in for SDA in case of the student body candidates,” said junior Riley Switzler

The event also provided many students with a boost of confidence as other students bought their products. Freshman Ethan Weissman said, “I’ve only started making these pieces [rings] about three weeks ago and it’s cool to see people purchasing my work and the process is really fun.”

The students walking around were also very impressed by the original products made by the students and the difference from the products from last year’s bazaar. “I think it’s interesting to see the difference from last year’s bazaar. This year it’s closer to the holidays so some of the products are very winter, holiday themed, like the ornaments [being sold by the Thespian officers],” said junior Phoebe Henshilwood “It’s also really amazing that our school supports students, art and their creativity.”

In the midst of the students selling their art, there were also many that were campaigning for spots on the student board. Junior Ciro Valdez, candidate for student body president, talked about the true SDA spirit as something that needs to be kept alive and reinforced: “There are a lot of things that SDA has that we don’t always see and the Bazaar is the perfect opportunity to showcase the community and spirit we have here, because this is truly the heart of SDA.”